- A vehicle file is created with all documents for the repair process. A detailed vehicle check in is then performed to note any damage on the vehicle that is not related to the estimate. It will be noted if any dash lights are illuminated or any personal items are left in the vehicle. Pre-repair photos are taken.
- The manager will assign the repair job when the vehicle is cleaned and checked in for repair.
- All parts are mirror matched and organized for the repair process.
- The repair technician performs a meticulous disassembly on the vehicle and checks for the supplemental (hidden) damage.
- The repair technician red flags the vehicle with any supplemental damage with a written review and pictures.
- The office coordinator or manager contracts the customer for an update on any discovered supplemental damage.
- The repair technician begins the repair process on the vehicle by the original estimate and approved supplement.